Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Throwback Post: Winter in Paradise

*Throwback Post #19*
________________________________________________________________________

Having grown up in Iowa, November through February were always dreaded. Yes, many of our favorite holidays occur during this time period. But these months also brought the following: snow, ice, and wicked winds. These combinations resulted in the below:


Having endured this winter wonderland for 20 years or so has lead me to despise snow and the cold. Trudging through six foot snow drifts just to get to class during college is one experience that I will never forget nor want to relive again. This is one of the many reasons why being down in Florida at this time of year is definitely agreeing with me. In the past week, I've been outside in short sleeves and shorts. I was able to work on my tan Saturday afternoon by the pool, get my feet sandy down at the beach, and enjoy a nice 6 mile run Sunday morning - all without needing 6 layers of clothing, hats, gloves, and long johns. Life's pretty great right now here in South Florida.




Sending warm thoughts to my friends and family in the heart of the Midwest. May the above pictures keep you warm as you fight the bitter cold of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment