Monday, July 1, 2013

Throwback Post: Paint Your Heart Out!


*Throwback Post #9*
_________________________________________________________________________________

Painting and art are two things that I'm not the best at. I have very limited artistic ability. It's so bad that there are times that I have to label my drawings so people understand what I'm trying to depict. Like that human looking thing there - actually that's supposed to be a tree. My bad.

This past weekend, our weekly service project took us into a residential neighborhood in Riviera Beach (a community about 20 minutes north of Boynton Beach) to assist in providing two houses with a bit of a face-lift. The two houses that we worked on are inhabited by some elderly tenants who are unable to do the painting themselves.

The house that I worked on went from a cream color with jade green trim/accents to a cinnamon color with dark brown trim/accents. While I may not be the most artistic when it comes to detailed drawings, I've found that I'm pretty good at slapping some paint on a big wall with lots of area to cover. There are no lines to stay within, so that definitely helped take some of the pressure off!

By the time we were done with our painting, we had transformed the house and helped make the owner one happy fellow! It was a great project and I look forward to doing more painting in the near future!















No comments:

Post a Comment