Thursday, June 20, 2013

Throwback Post: Irritable Issac

*Throwback Post #2*
_________________________________________________________________________________

This past weekend, I experienced a weather phenomenon that I had yet to encounter in my 25 years of life: a hurricane/tropical storm.

Tropical Storm Issac (now a category 1 hurricane) passed over the southern part of the Florida peninsula Saturday and Sunday, bringing tons of rain and strong winds, ranging in the 45-55 mph range. It was my first time being in a hurricane, but not my first water-born storm experience (while in Japan, we were exposed to two typhoons).

During this past weekend, I accomplished the following tasks:

- Watched multiple movies/sitcoms/dramas including
      ~ Season 1 of How I Met Your Mother (currently working on Season 2 with my roommate, Kevin)
      ~ 9 episodes of Season 1 of LOST
      ~ The Lorax
     ~ Love Actually
     ~ The Shawshank Redemption (about an hour or so)
     ~ Kevin Hart comedy skit
     ~ The Hunger Games
     ~ The Campaign (in theaters - took a trip out in the storm during a calm point)

- Hung up some more pictures on my wall (still have a ways to go, but I made some progress)

- Played multiple games of cards and Taboo and other random games

With a couple more tropical storm/hurricane type of storms churning in the Atlantic at the moment, I'm pretty sure that I'll have a few more hurricane experiences before September is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment