Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Getting Ambushed - Armageddon Style!

One of the things that I've gotten involved in during my time here in Florida has been running. It's something that I've continued over from my time in Korea and one of the best ways to help me relieve stress and clear my mind. Plus it's helped me get into some of the best shape of my life. I'm proud to report that I've managed to lose close to 10 pounds over the last month or so and I can contribute a lot of that to this new found love.

Two weekends ago, I participated in my last official running event in Florida. Held in Miami, the Armageddon Ambush combined the elements of an obstacle race and the Color Run together to make for a challenging and invigorating 5K course. While the race as a whole was a bit lacking on the color portion of things, the experience as a whole was great! The course was set up well and the obstacles were challenging enough but not totally impossible. Monica, Melissa, Nick, and I were able to stay together for most of the course and were rewarded with a nice, cold beer at the finish line!

It was a great way to go out in regards to my Florida running circuit. I'm gonna miss these races and am hoping that there are opportunities similar to this while I'm down in Columbia. Honestly, I would take a park with a sidewalk - just as long as I'm able to run, I'll create my own obstacles to overcome...



No comments:

Post a Comment