Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Next Great Adventure

Friday, March 14, 2014...

Sitting on my couch, engrossed in the latest re-runs of The Big Bang Theory, my phone chirps, informing me that I have a new email. Is this finally the email that I have been waiting for for the past few weeks? Will my next travel plans be established? I nervously reached for my phone, swiping in the code to unlock my upcoming future. As I read through the email, I quickly realized that this was in fact the email that I had been patiently waiting for!

I can now officially announce that I will be participating in the Peace Corps, volunteering for the next 2 years in the beautiful country of Colombia!! I'm still slowly starting to come down off of the high and adrenaline of receiving this official invite. Being apart of the Peace Corps has been something that I've wanted to do since I was in college and seeing it finally come true is amazing, to say the least!


Despite turning down the opportunity to participate in the Peace Corps last year in favor of doing a second AmeriCorps year, I still knew that this was something that I could do and successfully complete. My interview for the position was held in December and at that time I was nominated for a teaching position in Colombia, but nothing was for sure set in stone until the official invites were handed out in late February/early March. Needless to say, I have been compulsively checking my email and mailbox for the past few weeks waiting for the good news.

All of that patience and waiting finally paid off. Colombia, here I come!!

(More details about what I'll be doing, along with the remaining process to get this done, to come soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment