Here are the highlights from the trip itself:
- Piling into my car at 5 AM on Friday with Phetsada, Ashley, Vanessa, and Andy, complete with food, drinks, and baggage
- Stopping at a rest stop outside of Orlando and being bombarded by my aunt and cousin on their way from West Liberty to DisneyWorld for the high school's band and chorus trip (total surprise and coincidence)!
- Rolling into New Orleans around 4:30 PM after making great time on the road and checking into our sketch, $60/night hotel
- Navigating around our neighborhood, trying to find the nearest trolley stop so that we could get downtown, while being whistle and cat-called at
- Meeting up with the other 4 (Kiara, Ali, Skeeter, and Max) that drove over on Thursday
- Attending a New Orleans Hornets basketball game with Phetsada, Skeeter, Andy, and Max and seeing them defeat one of the better teams in the league, the Memphis Grizzlies!
- Experiencing the nightlife that is Bourbon Street and being completely blown away by the masses stumbling their way through the street, throwing beads from the balconies, and avoiding the piles of "funness" that littered the street
- Tried the local cuisine, including jumbalaya, beignets, and po-boy sandwiches (all of which were delicious!)
- Enjoyed the sights, sounds, and smells that New Orleans has to offer, including the French Market, the French Quarter, the New Orleans Cathedral, a Voo-Doo shop, Jackson Square, and the mighty Mississippi River
- Spent Saturday night at Harrah's, the local casino, and watched Max win $140 on the slots (while I lost $20)(it was totally his little lucky dance that helped him cash in the big bucks) and Andy cash in around $30, also on the slots (beginner's luck!)
- Enjoyed the company of great people in an amazing city that still has a lot of unexplored nooks and crannies yet to be discovered!
Until the next epic road trip...
|Hornets basketball game|
|Outside the Superdome|
|Enjoying some good ol' Southern cuisine|
|Enjoying some beignets at Jackson Square|
|Waiting for the trolley pre-casino|
|The girls ready to win some big bucks|
|Po-Boy from Johnny's|
|Oldest cathedral in the contiguous USA|
|Mighty Mississippi River!|
|Andy, myself, and the Mississippi River|
|Phetsada and I enjoying some jazz music|